The Greene County Ram wrestling team placed fourth in the Heart of Iowa Activities Conference tournament held Jan. 24 in Gilbert. A trio of Rams were champions at the tournament.
Senior Abe Yoder (132), ranked 10th in Class 2A, improved his season record to 30-4 en route to the championsâ€™ stand. The championship round placed him against sophomore Xavier Miller of PCM. Yoder won a 13-4 major decision. He scored falls in the first two rounds of the tournament.
Senior Jordan Challen (138), ranked sixth in class 2A, also won in the final round by a 10-2 major decision. He won the first two rounds with falls. He is now 28-2 on the season.
Junior Tommy Bradshaw (145), ranked fifth in class 2A, won his first match for the day by fall, and then won the second and third matches by technical fall. His win in the semifinals was his 100th varsity win. Thirty-three of those wins were in Missouri as a freshman.
Sophomore Isaiah Yoder (160) placed second with a loss by fall in the final round to top seeded Dylan Coffin of Saydel. Junior Keyden Pollock (182) also placed second, losing by a 5-0 decision in the final round to top seed Sam Mathis of Roland-Story.
Freshman Kane Borgeson (106) placed third, junior Mark Kendall (170) placed fourth, and freshman Isaac Ireland (120) and sophomore George Zito (220) placed fifth.
The Rams had no wrestlers at 113, 152, or 195.
The Gilbert Tigers had three champions and won the tournament with 181 points. Other team scores were Roland-Story 164.5, Saydel 158, Greene County 152, PCM 134.5, CMB 108, North Polk 74, South Hamilton 61, Nevada 53 and Colfax-Mingo 33.
Complete results follow, as provided by The Scranton Journal
- 106 – Kane Borgeson pinned Jakeb Fenton (PCM) :58; lost by fall to Klayton Keller (S) 2:48; pinned Max Halstead (RS) 2:45; defeated Jakeb Fenton (PCM) 7-4, third place
- 120 – Isaac Ireland lost by fall to Cory Harden (S) 4:55; bye; lost by fall to Kameron Turnbull (RS) 2:28; defeated Dennis Garcia (N) 10-6, fifth place
- 126 – Cayden Gerdes defeated Emilio Saldana (N) 12-10; lost by fall to Tristan Clark (PCM) :28; lost by major decision to Charlie Reiter (SH) 2-11
- 132 – Abe Yoder pinned Beau Iske (CMB) 2:41; pinned Tyson Manzer (RS) 5:56; won by major decision over Xavier Miller (PCM) 13-4, first place
- 138 – Jordan Challen pinned Branen Pace (PCM) 1:58; pinned Bill Joslin (RS) 2:44; won by major decision over Austin Moen (S) 10-2, first place
- 145 – Tommy Bradshaw pinned Chris Ellens (PCM) :46; won by technical fall over William Clark (RS) 15-0; won by technical fall over Stephen Moore (G) 16-1, first place
- 160 – Isaiah Yoder pinned Hunter Beard (N) 1:28; won by major decision over Skyler Koder (PCM) 12-4; lost by fall to Dylan Coffin (S) 1:31, second place
- 170 – Mark Kendall bye; lost by fall to Ron Marshall (PCM) 1:32; pinned Mason Russell (NP) 1:35; lost to Alex Peebles (N) 1-2, fourth place
- 182 – Keyden Pollock bye; pinned Jaret Maggard (PCM) :59; lost to Sam Mathis (RS) 0-5, second place
- 220 – George Zito lost by fall to Charles Robertson (CMB)1:35; bye; lost by fall to Calvin Bright (RS) 2:58; bye, fifth place